Having been built in the 11th century as a simple wooden stronghold, Bítov is one of the oldest Moravian castles. It was the first one in the line of fortresses securing the southern border of the Premyslid lands. The first written mention of the castle dates back to 1061. It consisted of the three independent parts separated by ramparts. The fort was rebuilt in he first half of the 13th century as a Gothic castle. The structural arrangement of the castle is highly intricate due to the remodelling, which was carried out several times later on (Baroque remodelling in the beginning of the 19th century, rebuilding in Romantic style and subsequent re-Gothicising and finally an extensive refurbishment in the end of the 20th century). There is a front moat, with two wedge-shaped round towers. The outer tower above the moat was later merged with the body of the castle, while the other tower stands alone at the rear of the inner court.
Cornstein Castle was build in the first half of the 14th century on a cape overlooking the confluence of rivers Dyje and Želetavka in order to strengthen the line of fortresses securing the southern border. Originally a small Gothic noble residence, it gradually developed into a large medieval fortress. Since being found up until 1464, Cornstein belonged to the noble family of Lichtenburg. After declaring Hynek of Lichtenburg a traitor, the fortress was assaulted by the united forces of the Moravian nobility but soon it was obvious that Cornstein can not be conquered in few days. Eventually, the siege lasted eleven months before it was besieged by King Jiri z Podebrad.
The swimming pool consists of a system of stainless steel pools and its technical background assures an undisturbed service. The pool has a large scale of equipment for the visitors' comfort as well as a vast meadowy areas to lie down and relax. The premises offer a variety of fields and playgrounds for sports such as beach volleyball, streetball and table tennis. The re is also an universal playground and a playground for children with climbing frame and sand pits. The pool provides an opportunity for a charming night swim.
Excalibur City is an entertainment and shopping complex in the Czech Republic. Located on the border with Austria at the border crossing Hate - Kleinhaugsdorf. Approximately 10 km south of Znojmo and 10 km east of Retz.
Riegersburg Baroque castle stands on the former water castle from 1580. In the 18th century the castle was rebuilt in a splendid baroque building of architectural plans by FA Pilgram. In the park there is the oldest Austrian dog cemetery.
The largest water reservoir on the Thaya. The dam wall with a length of 292 m, wide of 60 m was built by Swiss project in 1930 to 1933. Length of the lake over 30 km, reaching the village of Podhradí Dyjí. Vranov Dam - its time the largest dam in Czech republic today, is renowned primarily as recreational areas.
Vranov Castle is among the most noteworthy Baroque buildings in central Europe. It originated by rebuilding an old Romanesque-Gothic castle, mentioned for the first time as a frontier fortress in 1100. Of that fortress were preserved two prismatic towers, a part of the ramparts and the buildings of the so-called fore-castle. The present shape was impressed upon the castle by the counts of Althann after it had been destroyed by fire in 1665. At the end of the 17th century, according to a project of the imperial architect Jan Bernhard Fischer of Erlach, they first had the imposing Hall of Ancestors built and decorated, which dominates the local rugged landscape, giving the last finishing touch to its distinctive charm. Shortly thereafter, the Trinity castle chapel was built as an ideal counterbalance of the Hall. In the 18th century the restoration was completed by the construction of residential buildings of the Courtyard of Honour. The chateau was later owned by the Polish aristocratic family of the Mniszeks, who substantially supported and developed the famous Vranov stoneware factory. The Stadnicky family, relatives of the Mniszeks, then held the chateau until the beginning of World War II. Today the chateau is owned by the state as a National cultural monument.